Often the more-expensive items on a wedding registry are dream/luxury wedding gifts that the couple don't believe they're actually going to get. Whether you're crazy enough to buy such a wedding gift on your own, or you convince other guests to chip in together, you'll be making dreams come true.
Following an article "Don't blow your budget on pricey wedding presents" posted on Washington Post by By Cameron Huddleston on Sunday, April 25, 2010, i would like to expand the talk about the benefits of Social Group Gifting.
Here is a brief list of the main benefits of the Collective Wedding Group-Gift:
1. No headache. You pick a big gift from the registry and set up a group gift.
2. You share the details using social and viral tools on The Gifts Project.
3. You chip in with any amount you want and save the awkwardness for everyone.
4. The new wed couple gets a big significant gift that they never imagined they will get.
5. Even those who couldn't attend the wedding could participate in the gift, and feel better with their absence.
6. The Gift is shipped directly to the couple's house, so no hassle for the organizer to go buy it or deliver it.
Everybody happy. Did I miss anything out?